Avid knife aficionados know that there are countless uses for a pocket knife and an exhaustive list will easily show that the knife is among the most valuable and reliable devices on the planet. So, as we are in the middle of summer, here are five of the best uses for an affordable pocket knife in the summertime. Website has some nice tips on this.
- Whittling: Whittling. Whittling is the art of purposely carving or shaving off pieces of wood to make an instrument, design or form fashionable. Begin with simple projects such as whittling sticks into spears, arrows for makeshift bows and the ever-needed marshmallow roasters of course. Instead, once you’re up for more of a challenge, try to create more intricate designs such as animals and humans.
- Correction. Knives may be used in the repair or modification of items for a number of things. Of starters, dust, paint, glue, labels can be scraped away by a knife — you name it. A strong blade will extract metal burrs too. A knife can still shorten (but hardly ever lengthen) the objects. And a pocket knife is a perfect replacement for any equipment like a screwdriver or scissors you do not have on hand.
- Design. Creating contraptions is one of my favorite uses for a knife all along. A knife also provides everything you need to complete a project. Whether you cut rope, sharpen sticks, smooth wood, or even carve words or designs, a blade will definitely play a role in helping you fashion almost anything.
- SECURITY. Pocket knives are also useful for a range of first aid applications, such as cutting or wrapping bandages, fashioning slings or tourniquets, or even just digging out plain-old splinters. In case of an emergency a stainless steel blade is also an excellent weapon. Of example, whether you need to mark a path, leave a message carved into something, or cut someone off a seat belt or rope, a knife is an invaluable one. During the worst case cases, a knife can be used to protect itself against animals or humans.
- Alimentation. Many people also neglect the fact that you would need one to cook your meal, in addition to using a knife to eat with. And let’s face it, you still haven’t packed the block of knives in your fridge, whether you’re camping or hiking. That’s why it is so important to bear a high quality blade. A reliable pocket knife will always improve the efficiency of your food preparation, from peeling fruits and vegetables, to cutting pieces of meat or fish, to slicing other foods like cheeses or breads.